New York Carbon Monoxide News
9 Workers Treated for Carbon Monoxide at NY Mall
GARDEN CITY, N.Y. — Officials say nine workers were overcome by carbon monoxide fumes inside a suburban New York mall.
The Nassau County fire marshal's office says seven people were taken to hospitals with non-life-threatening injuries.
Rescue workers were called to the Roosevelt Field Mall on Long Island around 6 a.m.
Officials say workers were using a machine to remove flooring inside the Abercrombie & Fitch store.
The machine apparently emits low levels of carbon monoxide. Because the workers were in a confined area they were overcome by the fumes.
Stores in the mall were slowly opening for business after 9 a.m.
A mall spokeswoman had no comment.
© 2013 Associated Press
Categories: New York Carbon Monoxide News